- Walk & Bike Safety
- Benefits of Walking and Biking
- Safer Streets, Sidewalks & Trails
- Community Design Innovations
- Funding Sources
Walking and Bicycling Safety Info
The Healthy Transportation Network provides walking and bicycling safety information — doing it safely, for everyday transportation, and in supportive environments.
HTN also provides trainings to local stakeholders interested in creating environments that encourage safe walking and bicycling:
- Community members and groups
- Public works officials, engineers, planners, architects
- Local decision-makers concerned with public safety
- Local government officials and staff
In addition to educational tools, success stories, and resources to help you promote safe walking and bicycling in your communities, HTN also leverages the extensive experience and expertise of our four project partners.
For more information about our partners and allied programs, please visit their web sites.
- California Bicycle Coalition (CBC)
- California Walks (CalWalks)
- Local Government Commission
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Western Region (RTC)
The HTN is a project of California Active Communities, a joint program of the California Department of Public Health State and Local Injury Control Branch (SLIC) and the UCSF Department of Nursing’s Institute for Health and Aging. Funding for this program is provided by the Federal Highway Administration and administered by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans).