California Active Communities operates California’s Walk to School Headquarters, which can provide you with all the materials, ideas and technical assistance you’ll need to get a Walk to School program started in your neighborhood. Whether you’re starting your first Walk and Roll to School event, or are a seasoned veteran, our tools, services, and technical assistance can help you build a program for maximum success.
California’s Walk to School Headquarters provides helpful resources such as;
- a Walk to School proclamation for school boards
- a Walk to School brochure — available in English, Spanish, and 7 other languages
- a walkability checklist, available in 9 languages, that helps students, parents and school officials identify and address safety and infrastructure issues that pose barriers for children walking to and from school
- a flier to recruit Walk and Roll to School participants
- a letter to parents and the school principal about Walk to School
These, plus more, Walk to School materials are downloadable. Click on Walk to School Headquarters.
We’d also be glad to connect you with experts who can advise you on:
- ways to improve walkability and bikeability for your school
- information on applying for Safe Routes to School funds